This website and the Ian Tomlinson Family Campaign has been set up by Ian’s family. We are grateful for the huge amount of public support received since Ian’s tragic death on April 1st 2009 at the G20 protests in London. It has been very hard for our family particularly following the release of images of the police assault on Ian emerged. Ian is deeply missed by us and we simply want justice for him.
We may have a long and difficult journey ahead to achieve justice and we will rely on your continued support.
Our family has set up this campaign for the following reasons:
• To demand a full investigation into Ian’s death that scrutinises the individual conduct and operational command tactics of police officers present at the G20 protest and those in command of them when Ian was assaulted and died
• To call for full criminal charges to be brought against any officer whose actions or failure of duty resulted in Ian’s death
• To campaign for change to any police policies, tactics or frequent abuses of power which may effectively endanger people’s lives rather than protect them, so that future deaths and injuries to the public can be prevented
• To raise awareness of any issues we may experience as a family seeking justice through statutory and judicial systems that are a cause for public concern
These are some things you may wish to do for now to support our campaign:
• Keep updated by checking this official family website for press releases, news articles and updates
• Join the official campaign mailing list by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and send any messages of support or ideas to this address.
• Stay in contact – send us updates of any events you have organised including pictures, letters received back, press articles etc.
• Write to your MP
• Direct any witness information to our lawyers so it may be used in evidence
Family of Ian Tomlinson