I’m so great! Now to be honest I think perhaps I was a bit British and stand offish about web awards that pass along blogtopia, while they do have the aspect of a chain meme they also mean something else- a degree of peer approval- Kudos from a fellow intertubes scribbler, and it is silly and British & stiff upper lippy to ignore because they are a friendly passing on of respect. So I added a section down the sidebar called it Peer Approval and displayed my treasure and O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! I have another! From Godless Liberal Homo, the Brillante Weblog Award. Now then as with many such awards there are a package of rules that mean I am meant to pick other blogs to award which is where I run aground, in this case you are meant to pick ‘at least‘ 7. Now I don’t think I will make any hard and fast rules here, sometimes I will obey the rule, sometimes not all based on how I feel at the time (flighty ain’t I?) and right now, this being Saturday night an’ all, I feel like passing it on. So just right now ‘at least‘ 7 blogs (and yes, consider me bribed by their comments, consider this entire exercise conceptual satire of Iain Dale-ism if you like) that get a wave are –
- Abiding in Bolivia, Inca Kola News (aha! the ‘at least‘ 7 bit is played, but after the recent events these two kicked arse)
- Complex System of Pipes (hey I first typed ‘Pies’ there, which would also be a good blog. Keeping the Republic of Manchester radical, salut!)
- HarpyMarx (The feminista shining the light on govt. attacks on welfare and the most vulnerable, plus art and other good stuff)
- Jotman (because he keeps track of things and does research and is a one man media empire)
- NeoResistance (A Persian Princess of culture, resistance and edification)
- NoBorders S.Wales (doing hard essential work fighting the migrant gulag)
- Ruins of Empire (cos Rafael has a new podcat out, yes folks a blog that talks!)
Please don’t feel aggrieved anyone, this is just right now and of course day to day peer approval is evidenced in blogrolls.
And as a side note to be honest I’ve got a micheivous yen for a worst blog awards which is quite easily decided: pro-war, conservative, bigoted, church of the free market? – You Won!